Public Health Education in a Hands On Setting
We are proud to have been able to offer Summer Internships to a variety of talented, dedicated learners over the years. In 2023, we look forward to hosting as robust a summer internship program as COVID and patient need will allow. Whether providing administrative support or engaging directly with patients, interns can be vital to our success.
Becoming a Summer Intern at BHCHP
BHCHP has formalized Summer Internship programs with a number of colleges and universities both in the Boston area and across the United States. The first step to becoming an intern at BHCHP is to check with your school’s Career Resource Department (or whatever department oversees internship programs) to see if a formalized internship agreement exists, and to submit your application through that process.
If your school does not have an existing agreement with BHCHP, we are always interested in developing new relationships and programming. We would be happy to speak with your school’s Career Resource Department to see how we might work together. Interested parties should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some things to be aware of ahead of time:
- You do not have to be pre-med to volunteer or intern with us.
- The vast majority of our internship roles exercise a case management function. This involves direct, sustained interaction with populations that have experienced significant trauma,
- Interns will not engage in direct clinical work, so no taking of vitals, distribution of medications, etc.
- At this time we are not able to pay interns a stipend or salary. This is why we encourage you to check with your school first.
- The application process may include completion of a criminal background check (which will include submitting a valid photo ID), submitting various immunization records, as well as proof of COVID vaccination
We realize that not everyone goes to a school that has a formal internship arrangement with us or has the capacity to investigate such an arrangement. Likewise, we understand not everyone has the capability to engage in a summer internship.
For these reasons we are willing to consider alternate internship arrangements. These arrangements will be handled through our volunteer process. For more information on this process and volunteer roles, click here.
Finally, we regret that we receive far more requests than available roles and are not able to provide a response for every inquiry. Therefore, we will reach out only when a match to a need is identified. We apologize ahead of time if we are not able to respond to your inquiry.