RN Site Director Casa Esperanza Clinic
A professional nurse who has both administrative and clinical responsibilities for the daily operation of the outreach clinic at Casa Esperanza. Responsibilities include planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating the delivery of patient care within established regulatory guidelines and professional nursing practice standards. This is done through management of human, fiscal and other resources as well as professional collaborative relationships.
(a) Clinical Responsibilities
1. Oversee and monitor clinical operations, including direct care and nursing case management activities.
2. Provide triage and nursing assessment of walk-in-patient as needed.
3. Develop policies and procedures for clinical operations in conjunction with the BHCHP Medical Director.
4. Provide oversight to the dispensing and distribution of over the counter medication according to standing orders.
5. Develops and sustains the environment that supports excellence in clinical practice through planning and implementing programs that contribute to positive patient outcomes. Holds staff accountable for implementing standards of care, practice, and performance.
6. Evaluates the adherence to and effectiveness of interdisciplinary clinical standards and programs through the establishment of quality improvement activities.
7. Serves as a consultant on clinical matters related to area of expertise and participates indirect care as needed.
8. Provide access and patient care with BHCHP nurse liaisons.
(b) Administrative Responsibilities
1. Interviews, hire, supervises and evaluates staff according to established personnel policies and procedures of BHCHP
2. Chairs monthly staff meetings of clinical and support staff.
3. Provides oversight to management of clinical and staff schedules.
4. Serves as a resource/mentor to staff regarding professional development, encouraging continuing education, and individual learning opportunities as appropriate.
5. Attend BHCHP monthly management meetings.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet program needs, at the discretion of the Associate Director of Clinical Operations.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes, Registered Nurses, Case Managers, Medical Assistants, Aides, and Clerical staff on site.
• Must be bilingual in Spanish and English
• Understanding of substance use disorders and mental health issues
• Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to provide effective leadership for assigned staff and to interact effectively with patients, physicians, and health team members required
• Computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information required
Experience and Education:
• License to practice professional nursing in Massachusetts required
• Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program required; Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible nursing experience; leadership experience with demonstrated management ability preferred
Does this amazing opportunity interest you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] (strongly preferred) and put RN Site Director - Casa in the subject line. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email. Attach your resume in Word format. If you are unable to email, please fax documents to (857) 654-1095 or mail them to BHCHP - HR, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118.
Current employees with interest in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER