Registered Nurse – Per Diem
This position provides daily nursing support for respite patients with responsibilities for patient assessment, administering of medicines and overall patient care. Other responsibilities include education patients on medication and general health information.
Direct Nursing Care:
• Direct nursing care of patients on assigned team to ensure that all needs of the patients are met, in conformance with respite established policies and procedures, as well as Department of Health rules and regulations.
• Responsible for accurate assessments and documentation, reporting to appropriate personnel as indicated (i.e., on-call provider, nurse manager, Director of Nursing, etc.)
• Responsible for administering medications and treatments to all the patients assigned to his/her Team skillfully and correctly, documenting per policy.
• Observe and report any adverse reactions.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining accurate treatment records, flow sheets and vaccine administration, documenting appropriately
• Participate actively in New Patients Rounds, Team Rounds, and all other Team meetings when appropriate
• Responsible for giving and receiving report at change of shift; checking narcotics and related drug supplies per policy; sign appropriate forms.
• Responsible for taking off orders accurately, per policy.
• Responsible for assigning specific individual tasks to, and directing Respite Aides, and giving each a verbal report on patients' needs.
• Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality.
• Maintains the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
• Ensuring that the clinical record for each patient on his/her Team is current and accurate.
• Licensed as RN in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• 1 - 2 years of experience; new RNs will not be considered
• Experience with underserved population preferred
• Experience with EMR strongly preferred
• Bilingual Spanish & English candidates encouraged to apply
• Strong medical assessment skills.
BHCHP employees interested in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to the BHCHP. The preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with a subject of RN-PD All Shifts. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654‐1095.
An Equal Opportunity Employer