Program Driver – Per Diem
Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program is seeking an experienced and reliable driver to join our team as a per diem Driver to safely transport patients to medical and other appointments. The ideal candidate will be flexible, have clean driving record and possess a strong desire to work with underserved populations. Due to the various hours and shifts for this position, flexibility to work when needed is highly desirable.
The responsibilities for this position include transporting patients/staff to and from assigned appointments at various sites in Greater Boston. Along with such transportation, drivers are responsible for the appearance and mechanical aspects of the motor vehicles such as washing, reporting service, maintenance and repairs as necessary for optimum safety service and reliability. Additional duties include courier service to various locations based on program needs, transporting staff and other duties as assigned.
• Valid Massachusetts driver’s license; Good driving record with no prior violations
• Minimum of two years professional driving experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to drive 15 passenger or larger vehicle
• MA DOT Certification is a plus
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Interest in working with underserved populations
• Bilingual Spanish or any other language is a plus
BHCHP employees interested in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to the BHCHP. The preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with a subject of DRIVER - PD. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654‐1095.
An Equal Opportunity Employer