Do you love numbers and thrive in professional, motivated, collaborative environments? That is what you’ll find when you join Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP). Our staff work in more than 60 locations caring for our community’s most vulnerable—and most resilient—citizens. We serve over 12,000 men, women, and children experiencing homelessness each year. Our mission is to ensure that every one of them has access to the highest quality health care.
We are seeking a self-motivated and detailed oriented Payroll/Accountant to work with our exceptional and dedicated finance team in collaboration with other internal partners to provide payroll and financial support to the organization. In keeping with our mission, this support is critical as we strive to maintain high quality standards of patient care. You will find challenging and satisfying work alongside colleagues who share your drive and your compassion.
• Provide payroll support by preparing and processing bi-weekly payroll; researching discrepancies in payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. timesheets, leave time) to ensure accuracy and adherence to policies and procedures; and complying with all federal, state and local withholding requirements, including setting up new accounts with agencies. You will also maintain and update payroll-related content on the ADP Workforce Now self-service portal.
• Assist in General Accounting by posting monthly and biweekly payroll reports, generating pension plan reports as needed and processing deposit cash receipts.
• Support the team by assisting in the in the UFR, cost reports and preparing monthly closing, year-end closing and various cost report requirements as well as other reports as needed. Additional support will include month-end, grant billing, auditing, reconciliations, and monthly journal entries.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet program needs, at the discretion of the Accounting Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree (Accounting Major) or work equivalency for at least 4 years.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft software and business intelligence applications.
• Familiarity with accounting systems a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple, complex tasks and priorities and to adhere to deadlines.
• ADP Workforce Now is a plus.
Does this amazing opportunity interest you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] (strongly preferred) and put Payroll/Accountant in the subject line. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email. Attach your resume in Word format. If you are unable to email, please fax documents to (857) 654-1095 or mail them to BHCHP - HR, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118.
Current employees with interest in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER