Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Per Diem
We are looking for experienced Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to work per diem in our 104 bed nationally known medical respite facility, the Barbara McInnis House. Medical care in respite is collaborative, challenging and rewarding. You will work alongside a multidisciplinary team of committed professionals to provide short-term medical and recuperative services for patients who are too sick for the shelters but who are not sick enough for the hospital. In this 24/7 program you will treat people experiencing a wide array of illnesses including pneumonia, cancer, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, cirrhosis, heart failure and participate in pre- and post-operative and end-of-life care.
Within a shared team-based model, provide comprehensive, high quality and continuous medical care to the adult homeless population
• Elicit appropriate histories, perform physical examinations, order diagnostic studies, interpret results and initiate therapy in accordance with The Guidelines for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners of Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
• Refer patients as appropriate for emergency care and hospitalization, specialty care, and detoxification and recovery programs
• Participate in collaborative relationship with the Respite physicians in accordance with the Regulations of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• Perform other duties as needed
• Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• Registered or eligible to register with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required
• Experience in working with underserved and vulnerable populations preferred.
BHCHP employees that are interested in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. State "NP/PA-PD" in the subject line. Include your cover letter in the body of the email. Attach your resume in Word format, do not use file-sharing documents such as Google docs. If you are unable to email, please fax documents to (857) 654-1095 or mail them to BHCHP - HR, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118