Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant – Family Team Per Diem
WHO WE ARE:
At Boston health care for the homeless program (BHCHP) we care for over 12,000 homeless men, women, and children each year. We are passionate about our dedication to ensuring that every one of these individuals has access to comprehensive health care, from preventative dental services to cancer treatment. Our clinicians, case managers, and mental health providers work in more than 60 locations to deliver the highest quality health services to some of our community’s most vulnerable—and most resilient—citizens. We enjoy working with each other and we love our patients.
Are you drawn to the following priorities: responding to social crisis and injustice; developing long-term individual relationships; empowering the disempowered; and offering life-saving interventions? If so we hope you consider applying for this position.
- Deliver comprehensive, high quality primary and episodic care at various clinical sites staffed by BHCHP’s Family Team
- Work at shelter based clinics/programs throughout the Greater Boston area. Our large shelter-based clinics currently include: the Home Suites Inn in Waltham, Economic Mobilities Pathways in Brighton, Bridge Over Troubled Waters (van and clinic) in Boston, St Mary’s Center for Women and Children in Dorchester, Hildebrand/Strathcona shelter in Dorchester and Entre Familia in Mattapan. There is potential for work in smaller sites as well.
- For all patients: elicit an appropriate history, perform physical examinations, order diagnostic studies, interpret results and initiate therapy in accordance with program guidelines.
- Refer patients as appropriate to medical/pediatric specialists, hospital admission, recuperative care and detox facilities and provide appropriate information for continuity of care.
- Track patients through follow-up visits and labs.
- Participate in reciprocal relationships with BHCHP physicians according to the Regulations of Massachusetts.
- Provide education to patients on health promotion and disease treatment and prevention.
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary team for the benefit of patients.
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required. Experience and comfort with providing for both adults and children including newborns.
- Registered or eligible to be registered with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency
- Bilingual preferred.
- Experience in working with underserved populations, persons with mental illness, persons experiencing homelessness and persons with substance use disorders preferred.
If you have interest in this position we'd love to hear from you. Please forward your resume and cover letter to the BHCHP’s Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654-1095.
BHCHP employees should notify Human Resources of interest in writing within 10 days of posting date.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER