Manager, Prevention and Screening Team
Wonderful opportunity to work as a part of a vibrant multidisciplinary HIV team at Boston Healthcare for the Homeless Program (BHCHP)—a program recognized nationally for its innovative programming and provision of the highest quality health care for individuals and families experiencing homelessness. The Manager of the Prevention and Screening Team leads all HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention and screening activities for BHCHP, including at a wide range of outreach sites throughout the Boston Area. With its focus on populations highly vulnerable to HIV, viral hepatitis and STIs, especially people who inject drugs; this position offers a tremendous opportunity to work at the intersection of the opioid epidemic, homelessness, and infectious disease prevention in a collaborative team-based community health center context. Position provides excellent opportunities for professional development through essential roles related to staff supervision, quality improvement activities, collaboration and networking with broad coalition of public health service providers including the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, syringe exchange programs, as well as homeless and AIDS services providers. Position also provides ample experiences for direct service provision through counseling and testing activities and facilitation of prevention groups.
LGBTQ-identified persons and people of color are encouraged to apply.
• Hires and provides supervision, oversight, and mentoring for BHCHP HIV counseling and testing staff. Provides staff trainings and professional development opportunities as needed.
• Ensures program quality assurance
• Leads grants management, including managing budgets and leading program reporting, and communication with the Massachusetts DPH Office of HIV/AIDS.
• Leads quality improvement activities for the Prevention and Screening Team
• Serves as a liaison to area shelters, substance use treatment centers, detoxification facilities, and other partner sites where testing activities are conducted
• Maintains counseling skills and expertise in HIV/viral hepatitis/STIs by attending educational sessions
• Maintains competence in phlebotomy
• Provides counseling and testing and harm reduction education to patients in both one on one and group settings as needed
• Performs other programmatic duties as requested by team director.
• Four years post high school education or equivalent experience required, training in Public Health or Social Work highly desirable
• Computer proficiency
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with quality improvement processes is desired
• Experience in harm reduction frameworks is desired
• Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
Current employees with interest in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
Does this amazing opportunity interest you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] (strongly preferred) and put HIV Manager in the subject line. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email. Attach your resume in Word format. If you are unable to email, please fax documents to (857) 654-1095 or mail them to BHCHP - HR, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER