Per Diem Unit Secretary
The per diem Unit Secretary fills in for open shifts. The purpose of the position is to provide phone coverage and support services which are essential to the overall functioning of the respite programs. The position is crucial to assure the continuity of patient care, providing an essential link for communication involving all departments and including transportation.
• Phone coverage and triage of calls
• Scheduling and recording appointments
• Facilitate transportation
• Transcribe information
• Collect, collate and enter data
• Interface with patients and administrative staff and act as a member of the team of care givers
• Medical terminology
• Strong Computer Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient reading and writing skills
• Customer Service Skills
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Minimum one year experience in a clinical setting
• Secretarial training a plus
• Bilingual a plus
• Availability for occasional other shifts preferred
BHCHP employees interested in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to the BHCHP. The preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with a subject of Per Diem Unit Secretary. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654‐1095.
An Equal Opportunity Employer