Since 1985, the mission of Boston Healthcare for the Homeless has remained to provide or assure access to the highest quality health care for all persons experiencing homelessness in the greater Boston area. Our dedicated clinical and non-clinical staff members work hard to bring the mission alive. To do that, we need the support of our generous donors.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to assume a key role in providing administrative support for the staff of the development team as the Development Assistant. As a member of our busy development team, you will assume a key role in providing vital administrative support that mobilizes donor generosity. You will manage gifts and donor relations through a range of administrating duties, as well as organizing/supporting team efforts to meet Annual Fund goals. You’ll bolster your experience within the field of development/fundraising while supporting a worthy cause.
• Accurately recording financial and in-kind donations in donor database. Serving as main contact with Finance Department on reconciling gifts recorded.
• Ensure appropriate and timely donor recognition for all gifts and maintaining records of all gifts for back up.
• Assist Director of the Annual Fund with management of Raiser’s Edge donor database; including maintenance, user accounts, global changes, gift entry, reporting, queries and data clean-up projects.
• Grow BHCHP’s relationship with current and prospective donors through timely acknowledgement of phone and email inquiries.
• Receive in-kind donations for processing, recording, and acknowledging. Generating various development reports, including weekly and monthly reports for Finance Department and Development Team.
• Provide support to the Director of Development and the Development team with scheduling, data entry, filing, and other administrative duties
• Supervise development department volunteers and interns; assist volunteers/interns with the timely distribution of in-kind donations (i.e. socks, clothing, toiletries, etc.) to BHCHP’s program sites.
• Give tours and help with volunteer group activities when necessary.
• Maintain an inventory of office supplies and marketing materials.
• Communicate with staff and donors regarding needs for in-kind donations.
• Support and participate in all aspects of development office activities
• Performs other duties as needed.
Experience, Skills and Education:
• 2 + years of administrative experience; BA/BS preferred
• Prior Development experience helpful
• Experience with database management (preferably with Raiser’s Edge, donor database)
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent verbal skills in English and good writing skills
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail oriented
• Computer proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and ability to learn new software
Does this amazing opportunity interest you? Then we'd love to hear from you. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
An Equal Opportunity Employer