Data and Reporting Systems Administrator
Are you someone who has the skills to maintain the data reporting environment for a non-profit organization? Are you able to identify ways to use data analytics to improve performance and quality metrics? The Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP) Data and Reporting Systems Administrator has this responsibility in addition to, supporting and enabling the design, generation, and distribution of data and reports throughout the organization. Data sources include our electronic medical record and practice management system, ancillary clinical and operational systems, and external data sets such as payer claims data related to patient care. The Data and Reporting Systems Administrator investigates and recommends creative products, tools, and technologies that will use data and analytics to improve quality measurements.
- Runs BHCHP’s data, business intelligence, and reporting platforms and develops methods and routines to integrate and normalize data into a consolidated data-warehouse.
- Handles, supports, and promotes software vendor-provided reporting capabilitimaintains and builds PHP and Python scripts in a Linux environment. Additionally, performs data manipulation and reporting in a MS SQL Server environment using tools including SAP Crystal Reports.
- Provides technical support and assistance to BHCHP’s clinical and financial reporting analysts and drives a process of data governance, convening and leading the Report Writing & Data Governance Committee to support the development and maintenance of program-wide data standards.
- Communicates with software users, fixes technical issues and works with server systems administrators to ensure hardware and operating systems are maintained and performing optimally.
- Works with partner organizations to facilitate data exchange and transfer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline required.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Business Intelligence reporting tools including Crystal Reports, SQL Server, SSMS, and Windows Server administration and maintaining relational databases, data crafting and developing complex crystal reports.
- Experience with Linux server administration with some experience with Python preferred.
- Experience with analysis and reporting to support a variety of end users and organizational requirements combining clinical, financial, and operational data requiring critical evaluation to assure data quality in reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability and to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical people. The ability to function in a collaborative and collegial environment.
- Healthcare experience and familiarity with medical terminology and clinical workflows preferred.
- Interest and/or background in public health research and clinical systems a plus.
- Three years related work experience required.
Over 12,000 homeless men, women, and children are cared for by BHCHP each year. We are committed to ensuring that every one of these individuals has access to comprehensive health care, from preventative dental care to cancer treatment. Our clinicians, case managers, and behavioral health specialists work in more than 60 locations to deliver the highest quality health care to some of our community’s most vulnerable—and most resilient—citizens.
If this amazing opportunity interests you we would love to hear from you. Please forward your resume to the BHCHP’s Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with a subject of Data and Reporting Systems Admin.
BHCHP is an equal opportunity employer.