Case Manager, Per Diem
The Case Manager works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive case management services to homeless individuals. These services include, but are not limited to, benefits (SSI, General Relief), housing, primary care, social and psychiatric services. A Case Manager follows individual patients through a course of treatment, identifying barriers to further care and discharge planning.
• Work in multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to provide comprehensive case management services to homeless individuals.
• Follow homeless individuals through the entire course of infection.
• Work with clients to obtain the full range of benefits and services including: benefits (SSI, General Relief); housing, primary care, social and psychiatric services, and all other necessary services.
• Participate in discharge planning from acute care and mental health facilities to facilitate continuity of care throughout the course of the infection.
• Reach out to clients who do not see follow up care and identify barriers to further care.
• Identify and develop cooperative working relationships with providers of care and services to homeless persons.
• Participate in city-wide networks of case management for homeless individuals.
Experience, Skills and Education
• Knowledge of the network of services available to homeless persons, and experience working with women homeless persons preferable
• BA required, a social services related degree preferred
• 1-2 years experience as a case manager preferred
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills required
• Problem solving skills required
• Demonstrated interest in working with an undeserved population
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
BHCHP employees that are interested in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] Put Case Manager, Per Diem in subject line. Or mail to: Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
An Equal Opportunity Employer