Care Coordinator (Case Manager)
Work should be fulfilling. Inspiring. That is what you’ll find when you join Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP). Our staff work in more than 60 locations caring for our community’s most vulnerable—and most resilient—citizens. We serve over 12,000 men, women, and children experiencing homelessness each year. Our mission is to ensure that every one of them has access to the highest quality health care.
In keeping with our mission, we are seeking a talented and compassionate Care Coordinator (Case Manager) to work with our team of exceptional, multidisciplinary to practice and maintain high quality standards of patient care. You will find challenging and satisfying work alongside colleagues who share your drive and your compassion.
In your daily practice, you will be based in the community and serve as a vital link connecting homeless individuals with serious mental illness, substance use disorders, and/or complex medical illnesses with needed care including mental health, substance use, and primary care as well as services that address social determinants of health needs. This work is a part of a new MassHealth initiative that provides qualified MassHealth enrollees with a service benefit called Behavioral Health Community Partners. As the BH CP Care Coordinator, you will work as part of an interdisciplinary BH CP team and take responsibility for coordinating the care for up to 50 enrollees. You will work closely with nurse care managers and will be responsible for the engaging their enrollees regularly (several times a month), mostly face to face, and making sure that the enrollee is getting connected to vital services and progressing towards the goals outlined in their Person Centered Care Plan.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate professionally with employees and enrollees both on the phone and in person
• Efficient, organized, detail oriented, and able to complete tasks in time sensitive manner
• Self-directed with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and interested in using data to help direct care
• Motivational Interviewing and Cultural Competency training a plus; experience working with homeless populations and/or populations with mental illness and substance use disorders.
• Associates or bachelor's degree
• Experience in case management or human services is preferred but not required
• Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets, entering narrative and other data into a database, the use of the Internet to conduct information searches.
• Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet program needs.
Current employees with interest in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date
Does this amazing opportunity interest you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] (strongly preferred) and put Care Coordinator (Case Manager) in the subject line. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email. Attach your resume in Word format. If you are unable to email, please fax documents to (857) 654-1095 or mail them to BHCHP - HR, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER