BMC Clinic and MGH WI Case Manager
We are seeking an individual with experience in case management to join our team at Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP). Could this be you?
Since 1985, the mission of Boston Healthcare for the Homeless has remained to provide or assure access to the highest quality health care for all persons experiencing homelessness in the greater Boston area. Our dedicated clinical and non-clinical staff work hard to bring the mission alive caring for populations that suffer very high mortality rates and presents a complex burden of co-occurring medical, mental health and addictions problems which place them at great risk.
Based primarily at our 780 Albany Street facility, you will work on one of our primary care teams. Your role will include meeting patients in the BMC Clinic and in an outreach setting, providing essential case management support for the primary care team, specifically focusing on patients who are not eligible for BHCHP care management programs. You will assist patients in accessing urgently needed benefits (SSI, EAEDC), providing housing and legal support, connection to primary care and behavioral health, and much more. In addition, you will have protected time dedicated to supporting case management needs for a primary care panel based at the MGH Walk-In clinic.
This position offers an excellent growth opportunity for an individual with case management experience, flexibility, and interest in working within Boston Health Care for the Homeless’ primary care teams.
• Work in our main clinic with a multidisciplinary team of providers, nurses, behavioral health clinicians, as well as providing case management support to a small BHCHP primary care panel based in the MGH Walk-In Clinic.
• This position will include a blend of scheduled clinic sessions seeing walk-in patients, as well as flexible case management support for teams across the program.
• Identify and develop cooperative working relationships with service providers for homeless persons, including outreach to patients.
• Participate in city-wide networks of case management for homeless individuals, which includes the use data to evaluate outcomes and adjust interventions as needed.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet program needs, at the discretion of the Director of Case Management.
Experience, Skills and Education:
• Able to work and maintain rapport with a multidisciplinary team
• Strong problem-solving skills and a high “emotional IQ” with the goal of professional and productive interactions with employees and patients, both on the phone and in person
• Efficient, organized, detail-oriented, and self-directed, able to complete tasks in a time-sensitive manner in multiple settings
• Knowledge of the network of services available to homeless persons, and experience working with homeless persons and prior case management experience preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, entering narrative and other data into electronic medical records and other internet-based products
Does this amazing opportunity interest you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] (strongly preferred) and put CM – BMC Clinic/MGH WI in the subject line. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email. Attach your resume in Word format. If you are unable to email, please fax documents to (857) 654-1095 or mail them to BHCHP - HR, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118.
Current employees with interest in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER