"The speaker series is a fantastic opportunity to cast a version of the world that we all want to live in. The work of the Emerging Leaders and BHCHP is important work."
-Rahsaan D. Hall, Director of the Racial Justice Program for the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts and Speaker Series speaker
The Speaker Series is an initiative of the Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program Emerging Leaders Board. The Speaker Series brings together civic-minded young professionals in the Greater Boston Area through open-dialogue and conversation with leaders in the healthcare, government and business sectors. Although the topics will vary, speakers will highlight how these areas intersect with philanthropy to shape the City of Boston.
Previous speakers include:
- Re-envisioning Health Care to Include Gender Expansive Patients – June 2019
- Author Jack Kelly – April 2019
- Rahsaan Hall - Director, Mass ACLU Racial Justice Program – January 2019
- Thomas N. O’Brien, HYM Group – September 2018
- Michelle Wu, Boston City Councillor – June 2018
- Martha Bebinger, WBUR – April 2018
- Monica Bharel, Massachusetts Public Health Commissioner – December 2017
- Start Up with Non-profits – October 2017
- Mark Lev, Managing Director, Fenway Sports Management – June 2017
- Paul English, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist – March 2017
BHCHP’s Emerging Leaders Board is a group of twenty socially conscious young professionals from various organizations and companies across Boston, who give their time and talents to support BHCHP’s life-saving mission, caring for homeless individuals and families.
The Emerging Leaders’ mission is to activate Boston's vibrant and talented young professionals community to support BHCHP by:
- Raising critical funds to further our work,
- Increasing awareness of our services, the impact on our city, and the growing need, and
- Contributing directly to the cause through volunteerism and service.