For 29 years, our mission has remained the same: to provide or assure access to the highest quality health care for all homeless men, women and children in the greater Boston area. We believe it has been and continues to be medicine that matters
- Vulnerable patients are kept alive and get help managing chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension and cancer.
- Dedicated clinical and non-clinical staff share their passion for a vibrant mission and support each other in bringing the mission alive.
- Generous donors have found a fulfilling way to address their concern: "I see people on the street and don't know how to help."
- Shelter Partners are able to offer BHCHP's medical expertise while focusing on their core mission, thus avoiding the waste involved by duplicating services.
- Boston's many hospitals can depend on BHCHP as an alternative to the emergency room as well as a safe discharge location for medically vulnerable patients.
The ideals of a just society are given example in a program that manages its limited resources compassionately and effectively.