Healthcare Team Coordinator
This role will work with a team of providers, RNs, and case managers to improve care delivery for a population of about 500-800 MassHealth that are receiving care from Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program. The Team Coordinator will work with his/her team to ensure that the enrolled population is getting access to needed behavior health and primary care services as well as connecting to services that address a person’s social determinants of health needs. The Team Coordinator will work with his/her team to identify services that will inform Health and Wellness programming; monitor metrics including quality, utilization, and patient engagement and work with team to identify and implement strategies that improve those metrics; and work with the senior administrative staff to leverage community resources to address population health needs. The Team Coordinator must be self-confident and comfortable collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team providing data feedback to improve population health. Experience working with homeless populations and navigating homeless/housing services and the health care system is desirable.
• Leads implementation & coordination of QI activities at team level; monitors team performance & leads Team QI efforts. Participates in monthly Quality and Efficiency Committee meetings
• Manages data reporting; monitors utilization data for the team;
• Leads daily huddles; directs team flow to improve transitions and meet quality expectations
• Designs & develops prevention & engagement initiatives and assists with other special projects
• The Team Lead must be able to:
o Analyze and use population health data to inspired and improve team performance and care delivery
o Understand the needs of populations that have experienced vulnerability, trauma, and economic issues
o Possess strong interpersonal skills and confidence
o Able to exercise good judgment and is creative and proactive
o Be flexible and able to multi-task
• Strong problem solving and communication skills (written and oral)
• Bachelor's degree required: public health, social work, community health, or similar a plus
• 3-6 years of experience in health care settings including community health, managed care, or other similar.
• Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Excel, EHRs (Epic), care management software (ETO) a plus
• Supervision and management experience
BHCHP employees that are interested in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume and cover letter to the BHCHP’s Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with a subject of Health Team Coordinator. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654-1095.