Perform all aspects of General Accounting functions including General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Grant Management and other administrative related functions. Back up Accounts Payable and Payroll process.
• Prepare and post monthly general journal entries.
• Enter monthly payroll labor distribution report into the MIP system.
• Maintain capital assets and depreciation schedule.
• Maintain prepaid insurance and prepaid service contract schedule.
• Post monthly cash receipts.
• Post monthly third party accounts receivable and prepare accounts receivable aging report.
• Perform periodic general ledger accounts reconciliation.
• Prepare monthly grants and contract billing
• Oversees the spending of grants and contracts to ensure funding is spending appropriately within the funding periods.
• Prepare quarterly and yearly grant reports required by funding agencies.
• Assist in year-end closing and coordinate annual accounting audit and any other audits.
• Assist in the coordination of the development of the annual BHCHP budget.
• Assist in the submission of mandated tax filings to city, state and federal government.
• Assist in the preparation of all cost reporting to various agencies.
Other responsibilities/accountabilities (marginal functions)
• Back up accounts payable and payroll functions in the absence of the accounts payable and payroll personnel.
• Maintain MBTA tokens and cab vouchers supplies.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet program needs, at the discretion of the Chief Financial Officer.
• Effective English communication skills (verbal and written).
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to take direction.
Experience and Education:
• College or Associate Degree with accounting major preferred.
• Strong computer skills including working knowledge of P.C. spreadsheet software (Excel). Familiarity with payroll, accounts payable and general accounting system a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple, complex tasks and priorities and to adhere to deadlines.
• Displays concern and initiative.
• Observes and supports program policy.
• Cooperates and maintain good rapport with BHCHP staff.
• Ability to learn and adapt.
• Duties involve little or no exertion or physical effort.
• Able to sit at workstation for long periods of time.
• Able to work at computer, processing data entry, for long periods of time.
This is a 40 hour, benefits eligible position, Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
BHCHP employees that are interested in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
Please forward your resume to the BHCHP’s Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with a subject of Staff Accountant . One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654-1095.