RESPITE AIDE, PER DIEM
The Respite Aide (CNA or MA) is an important and integral part of the nursing department at the Barbara McInnis House. The purpose of the position is to provide the highest quality care to the McInnis House patients by collaborating with the team RN.
With direction from the team RN, the Respite Aide will offer clinical support services to the patients and will offer assistance and support to the McInnis House team RNs. These duties are essential to the overall functioning of the McInnis House clinic. The position is crucial to assure the continuity of patient care, providing an essential link for communication involving all departments
• To provide and to facilitate quality care to homeless patients in a dignified, positive and appropriate manner. Obtain report from outgoing shift; assist with admission and discharge needs of the patients, including cleaning beds when appropriate
• Obtain and document vital signs and weights (when appropriate) and notify RN of abnormalities; recheck abnormal vital signs later as needed
• Assist RN with obtaining specimens
• Serve as “buddy” for patients needing assistance attending appointments
• Successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant program
• Minimum of two years experience as a Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant required
• One year Phlebotomy experience preferred
• Previous experience working with homeless preferred
• Must demonstrate good interpersonal relationships and communication skills
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to the BHCHP. The preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with a subject of Respite Aide - PD. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654‐1095.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.