We have an exciting job opportunity for a creative, proactive individual to work on two very important processes at our health center, where we actively care for up to 11,000 unique patients, most struggling with active homelessness, a year. The position involves liaising with pharmacies and BHCHP staff to centralize the processes of prior authorizations and pharmacy vouchering at our program.
This position will be responsible for two main functions throughout the program:
• Timely and accurate completion of all prior authorizations for medications, as deemed necessary by medical insurance companies and communicated directly by pharmacies (both internal and external to BHCHP) to the coordinator. This will include PAs needed to ensure access to medications for all patients throughout all sites of the program.
• Centralization of all pharmacy vouchering decisions throughout the program. This role will act as sole decision-maker for pharmacy vouchering decisions throughout the program. By centralizing the vouchering decisions in this way, we hope to bring efficiency and consistency to the pharmacy vouchering process.
Experience and Education:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or have attained the requisite skills from prior work experience (1-2 years in a patient benefits or health insurance support capacity).
• 2 years experience in a clinical environment preferred
• Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work positively with a wide range of people.
• Strong computer skills; familiarity with MMIS (Medicaid Management Information System) and NEHEN (New England Health Exchange Network) systems preferred but not required
• Knowledge of health insurance and entitlement benefits programs preferred but not required.
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to flexibly adapt to changing needs and workflows
• Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
Team Work Competencies:
• Displays concern and initiative
• Interacts well with other members of the Finance staff
• Observes and supports program policy
• Cooperates and maintains good rapport with BHCHP staff and business associates
• Ability to learn, flexibly adapt and communicate effectively
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to travel to various locations
• Lifting normally less than 10 lbs
• Some walking
• Sit for 1-2 hours
• Phone use
• Able to sit at computer for uninterrupted periods of time
BHCHP employees that are interested in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
Please forward your resume to the BHCHP’s Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with a subject of Pharmacy Coordinator. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654-1095.