Patient Benefits Coordinator/Medical Assistant- Per Diem
Summary of Position:
The purpose of the position is to provide clinical and clerical support services. These duties are essential to the overall functioning of the clinic. The position is crucial to assure the continuity of patient care, providing an essential link for communication involving all departments and including transportation.
Clinical Support: Under the direction of the RN Clinic Manager or the Charge Nurse:
- Collaborates with the supervising RN throughout the shift to determine appropriate work assignments and priorities, as well as communicating the status of delegated task completion and outcome of patient data findings.
- Maintains timely ongoing verbal communication in order to assure good patient care
- Responsible for collecting, collating, and entering data and information into the applicable database
- Maintains appropriate equipment logs and records per standards
- Accurately collects patient date (e.g. vital signs, weights and reason for visits), notifying RN of abnormalities
- Treats patient in a manner that preserves and supports patient confidentiality, patient rights, and patients dignity
- Performs basic patient testing, including, but not limited to, tests for guiac, urine dip, and glucose fingerstick
- Collects, labels, and sends specimens to the lab, with appropriate laboratory slips and/or requisitions
- Assists nurse/provider during complex treatments/procedures, including but not limited to, doing preps and set-ups for examinations/treatments, assisting during procedures when requested or required
- Check inventories on a weekly basis, order clinic supplies and stock them
- Act as a member of the team of care givers
- Work effectively with BHCHP administrative and clinical staff to obtain information or paperwork necessary for enrolling patients into the appropriate medical or cash benefits programs.
- Copying, faxing and filing as needed
- Greet and register all patients
- Phone coverage and triage of calls
- Scheduling and recording primary and specialty appointments correctly and in a timely manner
- Handle third party billing process
- Medical terminology
- Vital signs
- Computer skills preferred, including MS Office, MSI, IDX, Logician, EPIC
- Proficient reading and writing skills in English
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Experience in a Medical Preferred
- Secretarial training a plus
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to the BHCHP’s Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with a subject of Admissions. One may also apply by mail to PBC Per Diem Sites, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654-1095.