Patient Benefits Coordinator/Medical Assistant
The purpose of the position is to provide clinical and clerical support services. These duties are essential to the overall functioning of the clinic. The position is crucial to assure the continuity of patient care, providing an essential link for communication involving all departments and including transportation.
Clinical Support: Under the direction of the RN Clinic Manager or the Charge Nurse, performs a variety of appropriately delegated patient care interventions
• Collaborates with the supervising RN throughout the shift to determine appropriate work assignments and priorities, as well as communicating the status of delegated task completion and outcome of patient data findings.
• Maintains timely ongoing verbal communication in order to assure good patient care and the effective running of the Clinic
• Responsible for collecting, collating, and entering data and information into the applicable database or format in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintains appropriate equipment logs and records per standards
• Accurately collects requested patient date (e.g. vital signs, weights and reason for visits), notifying the supervising RN of abnormalities
• Treats patient in a manner that preserves and supports patient confidentiality, patient rights, and patients dignity
• Performs basic patient testing, including, but not limited to, tests for guiac, urine dip, and glucose fingerstick
• Collects, labels, and sends specimens to the lab, with appropriate laboratory slips and/or requisitions
• Assists nurse/provider during complex treatments/procedures, including but not limited to, doing preps and set-ups for examinations/treatments, assisting during procedures when requested or required
• Check inventories on a weekly basis, order clinic supplies and stock them in their appropriate location upon arrival in order to avoid a shortage or misplacement of necessary supplies
• Act as a member of the team of care givers
• Performs other duties as required
• Work effectively with BHCHP administrative and clinical staff to obtain information or paperwork necessary for enrolling patients into the appropriate medical or cash benefits programs.
• Copying, faxing and filing as needed
• Greet and register all patients
• Phone coverage and triage of calls
• Scheduling and recording primary and specialty appointments correctly and in a timely manner
• Handle third party billing process
• High School Diploma or GED required with one to two years of education beyond high school or an equivalent combination of work experience and high school education
• Prior experience as a Medical Assistant; Successful completion of medical assistant program – Certified Medical Assistant
• 1-3 years of phlebotomy experience required
• Computer skills; knowledge of MS Office, MSI, IDX, SDK Logician preferred
• Ability to operate basic office equipment (fax, copier)
• Proficient reading and writing skills in English
• Effective interpersonal skills and proven ability to interact appropriately with nursing staff, patients, physicians, and hospital staff.
• Ability to accurately interpret and utilize medical terminology and abbreviations
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for regular travel between locations required
• Flexibility to work either schedule and some weekends required
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to the BHCHP’s Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with a subject of Admissions. One may also apply by mail to PT PBC/MA Southampton & Transitions, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654-1095.
An Equal Opportunity Employer