Per Diem Registered Nurse
The purpose of this position is to provide nursing care for clinic patients as part of the multidisciplinary team. This position is crucial to assure that clinically appropriate and timely decisions are made and actions are taken around patient assessments, administering of medications, treatments and overall patient care.
Direct Nursing Care:
• Direct nursing care of patients on assigned Team to ensure that all needs of the patients are met, in conformance with established policies and procedures, as well as Department of Health rules and regulations
• Responsible for accurate assessments and documentation, reporting to appropriate personnel as indicated (i.e., on-call provider, nurse manager, Site Manager, etc.)
• Responsible for administering medications and treatments to all the patients assigned to his/her skillfully and correctly, documenting per policy. Observe and report any adverse reactions
• Responsible for updating and maintaining accurate treatment records, flow sheets and vaccine administration, documenting per policy. Observe and report any adverse reactions.
• Provide all nursing related activities in association with primary care clinical operations at BHCHP primary clinic settings: including direct care and nursing case management activities, immunization and screenings
• Provide triage and nursing assessment of walk-in and scheduled patients as directed
• Respond to medical emergencies, rendering appropriate care
• Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality
• Maintains the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting. Ensuring that the clinical record for each patient is current and accurate.
Education and Training:
• Educate patients according to their needs, using nursing knowledge and skills, in such areas as TB, HIV, and medications to promote their physical and mental well being.
• Participate in orientation and in-service training for personnel, student nurses and other health professions as indicated
• Based on the needs of the Program, may be required to be available for off shifts and weekends on a rotating basis
• Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences
• Commonwealth of Massachusetts RN license
• Minimum of 2 years nursing experience preferred
• Experience with underserved population preferable
• Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred
If you are interested in this position please forward your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to [email protected] with a subject of PD RN Casa Esperanza. One can also fax (857)654-1095 or mail to HR, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.